Nuffnang Ads

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Gareth

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Pregnancy Journey - First Trimester

Looking back at my first trimester, I was really amazed how I was able to bear through the morning sickness for some time before caving in to see my gynae to be admitted to hospital.

It was really so bad that I could not eat or drink and yet still can vomit throughout the day at least 8 times. I hanged on till I was about 6 weeks pregnant before I called and made an appointment to see my gynae.

By then, I had lost about 3kg and my gynae mentioned that I am one of those handful cases that is more extreme. I remember seeing my gynae on a friday night and even accompany Dear for a rehearsal session which lasted past midnight as I was feeling lazy and lonely to be home alone with the "sickness" clinging to me. Of cos, I rested throughout the waiting time and fell asleep.

Eventually, we decided to admit to Mount Alvernia on sunday night which Dear expects the crowd to be lesser. And true enough, there isn't much crowd. I chose a 4 bedder and there was only another patient during my first night.

It was a weird feeling as it was my first time being admitted to hospital and Dear could not stay overnight with me unless it is a single room. I was put on drip for 3 days 2 night which was not a nice feeling having a needle in your left wrist area.

I would need to press for assistance every time I need to visit the washroom as the drip machine will have to "follow" everywhere I go. Until the second night onwards, I attempted to go to the washroom myself  which is not that difficult... haha!

I was given another week of hospital leave to rest at home. The week was a slow, torturing week as I was having bad acid reflux. One week later, I went to see my gynae and by then I had lost another kg (total 4kgs already) although I was still slowly taking in some fluid and soft diet food.

The morning sickness continued throughout the whole of first trimester. Dear was very supportive of me and trying his best to make me feel comfortable. Looking back , he will sometimes joke about seeing me "hugging" the toilet bowl and can stay there for a long while.

Well, this is part of the pregnancy journey and not all mummies to be experience morning sickness. If you didn't experience it, count your blessings. But if you do have it, I want to encourage all the mummies to be to hang on and know that there is a little one that you are carrying which is constantly growing. With a blink of an eye, the first trimester will be over very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment